I’m super excited to announce the project I’ve been working on for the last few months – a free online virtual conference, “The Power of Partnering with Horses for Healing”!!! The conference is now officially open for registration and will be from July 8th – 10th!!!
Click here for more details.
So, as with most of my crazy ideas and projects this one started off with a growing desire to support others on their journey. I had one little problem though…I had no idea how to actually “do” a virtual conference! I am so grateful to my amazing virtual assistant, Clare, and colleagues that helped support and bring all the moving parts together to actually bring this conference to life! The old saying is once again true – it takes a village. Listening to my inner guidance and actually following through on it, even when it seemed like nothing was going right, gave me an opportunity to witness and feel the support of the village. I also have to admit, accepting support is something I historically don’t always allow to happen but am happy to report is sometime I am becoming more and more comfortable with – hey personal growth is real lol!
Why I wanted to put this conference together
After 20 years in the field I have had the opportunity to work with, meet, and connect with industry leaders, therapists, horse professionals, dreamers, and thought leaders. These opportunities have also provided me with chances to chat with people either in-between presenting at conferences or while mentoring new professionals in the field. I noticed a trend in those conversations, people would almost always ask me the same types of questions and guidance around:
- How have you gotten to the point you are at?
- How did you put all these pieces together?
- Where can I learn more?
- Where can I learn to support my horses like you do?
I’ve watched over the years, the desire for answers to these questions grow from just a few random people here and there to conference rooms full of people seeking more support around these types of questions.
SO, I felt called to create a platform that would help to share some of the conversations that I’ve been privileged to be a part of with as many people as I can and what better way to do that than an online conference/summit! When I started I only had a couple of main goals for the conference –
- I believe in the concept that there are many roads, but one destination. That destination for me all comes down to healing, the process of making whole again, and a belief that it can only happen in and through connection. Connection to one’s self, connection in and through the approach of choice, and a felt sense of safe connection to others. I wanted to offer a platform that could support others in the field of equine assisted activities and therapies to “feel” connection to others and the healing that can come from unbridling the power of partnership that can happen between horses and human which empowers all beings to step into connection.
- I also wanted to highlight the amazing programs out there that are embodying this concept. I wanted to support them in getting the word out about their programs, approaches, and personal healing journeys so that their stories can empower and inspire others as well so there know there is indeed a village, a herd of like-minded professionals out there too!
Happy Side Effect
In addition to these goals, this conference also ended up providing me with a happy side effect – a profound sense of hope for this field in general.
Interview after interview the presenters would share about the different roads they have taken on their journey and I had the opportunity to understand their personal why. The result was I gained a sense of hope that the professionals in this field really are growing and shifting to truly honoring and empowering all beings – horse and human. Also I was pleased to learn that more and more professionals are embracing the concept of mind-body connection and the connection those two play in the role of true healing and personal growth.
At the end of the day, I’m so glad I listened to the crazy little guidance that was dropped into my heart to put this conference together! It has provided me with the opportunity to strengthen my faith that together we can truly create the lasting change and healing we are searching for all – there are many roads – one destination – healing through connection. I hope you will join us for the Power of Partnering with Horses for Healing online conference and please help us spread the word! Click here.
Sending light and love on your journey — Michelle