Ways to Help Support
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” Aesop
Without volunteers and donations, we could not complete our mission! Your support, either through donations or time or a gift, help us care for the horses and provide life changing hope and healing for children, teens, families, and adults throughout the Roanoke Valley area!
Join the LancerLot Sports Complex Zumba® instructors and various guest Zumba® instructors from the Roanoke Valley and other parts of Virginia and Massachussettes in a Zumbathon® Charity Event benefiting Unbridled Change on Saturday, May 18th 2019 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Without financial support we can not complete our mission!
You can become a turning point and create a lasting change in a child’s life by supporting our scholarship or horse funds! Any amount you can give is welcome and a blessing.
Examples of what your donation can do:
- Sponsor a Client
$65 – Sponsor a child for one group therapy session
$65 – Sponsor a child for one school session
$150 – Sponsor a child for one individual or family therapy session
$650 – Sponsor a child for a 10 week therapy group
$1,800 – Sponsor a child for 12 weeks of individual or family therapy
- Sponsor a therapy or school group
$2,800 – Sponsor a 12 week therapy group for at-risk youth
- Sponsor a Military PTSD Group
$2500 – Sponsor a 6 week group from the Salem Veterans Affairs PTSD unit
$400 – Sponsor 1 week of the VA group
- Sponsor a Horse
$250 provides yearly vet cost
$150 provides dental “floating” care
$250 provide farrier cost for a year
$450 feeds a horse for a year
$1000 sponsor a horse for a year
$25 Replace a worn halter
$25 Replace worn grooming tools
$50 Buy a new helmet
$75 replace a worn blanket
It takes a Herd! Volunteering – Ways to give the gift of time!
The saying goes, we cannot accomplish all that we need to do without working together. This is 100% true for Unbridled Change. We need support from the community and like minded hearts to carry out our mission. Below are some of the ways people can get involved and share their talents with us!
- Special Event Help – We have special events at Unbridled Change that require extra hands! If you would like to help us during special events please let us know. The main time we need help is our main fundraiser each year: Annual Derby Party – first Saturday in May. Typical help we need: committee volunteers – people that really want to help with the planning and implementing of the event day of volunteers – 50/50 and raffle selling; manning the silent auction tables, and information tables; parking help; set-up or take down help; and help with the bands
- Committee Volunteer, Administrative Help, and Board Members – Looking to help Unbridled Change succeed as an organization? We are looking for dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission. New volunteers and fresh ideas help us continue to grow and thrive as a non-profit organization! Please contact our Founder, Michelle Holling-Brooks, for more information on how you can find a place with Unbridled Change.
- Special Projects around the farm! We often have larger improvement and clean up projects we can use an extra hand around the barn with! The barn environment and our horse’s care is the number one priority for us in helping ensure our horses and clients have an empowering environment for healing.
Typical projects help we need: barn chores and cleaning out the paddocks, fencing and maintenance help, landscaping and sprucing up the barn.
A couple of bigger projects we are currently looking for help with: laying paver-stones for walkways into the indoor arena building covered round bale feeders for the horses.
For more information on our volunteer opportunities please email Michelle at mhollingbrooks@UnbridledChange.org